March 31, 2015 PowerPoint Honors Marine Biology Module 14 The Deep Ocean March 28, 2013
We have learned about the surface layer of the ocean: the epipelagic zone. As we continue our study of the ocean divisions, we will now investigate the deep ocean, where light is not abundant. This area can be divided into two major regions: The mesopelagic zone (200 meters to 1000 meters)and the deep ocean (1000 meters to 6000 meters and beyond).
Because there is so little to no light in these regions, organisms are specially equipped in their body design to live in this region and to find food.
You selected a deep sea creature to prepare for your oral presentation to the class. Prepare a 3 minute presentation for class this Tuesday.
- Take Module 13 Test
- Read Module 14 pages 333 – 351
- Answer On Your Own questions 14.1 – 14.11
- Answer Study Guide questions 1 – 28
- Oral presentation for your Deep Ocean creature
- Notebook check on April 7 Through Module 13.
- Class Challenge: Act out lines from your favorite movie or TV show.
Wishing you a blessed Easter! -Mrs. S
“He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.” – Matthew 28:6