February 17, 2015 PowerPoint Honors Marine Biology Module 11 Coral Reefs part 1
Coral Reefs are home to an amazing assortment of organisms and are truly the underwater equivalent of a diverse rain forest. Coral reef communities are found in the tropical climates of the world because reef-building corals need warm temperature in order to survive. They are found between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn latitudes. This “band” around the earth receives a much larger portion of sunlight throughout the year than the rest of the world and has overall warmer climates.
See Figure 11.6 (page 265) Diagram of a Coral Polyp for the quiz.
1. Module 11: Read pages 269 to 280.
2. OYO questions : 11. 7 – 11. 15
3. Study Guide: define: d-e; 14 – 26
4. Quiz on Coral polyp (Fig 11.6)
5. Class challenge: Share the most unique thing about yourself.
6. SeaPerch Team Leaders: Remember to bring your project.
Have a good week! -Mrs. S