October 7, 2014 PowerPoint Honors Marine Biology Module 4 Part 1
With the exception of insects, a majority of invertebrates live in the ocean. An Invertebrate is an animal that does not possess a backbone. In class, we examined Phylum Porifera (sponges) Experiment 4.1 and Phylum Cnidaria (jellyfish, corals and sea anemones). Experiment 4.A.
On our field trip we found comb jellyfish and a moon jellyfish.
Box jellyfish are the most toxic.
Wasn’t that cool! I wanted to add these videos from all of our discussion in class. I also want to encourage students to become our future scientists! The early Wednesday morning clouds proved disappointing for my viewing of the lunar eclipse. It did happen, but I just could not see it. Did anyone else get a good view/photo?
- Read Module 4 pages 88-93;
- Answer OYO questions: 4.1 – 4.4
- Answer Study Guide Questions: 2-13 and define a-j;
- Complete Experiments 4.1: Observation of a Sponge and Experiment 4.A: Life cycle of Cnidaria;
- Class Challenge: Show your art work;
- Quiz: What is a Spicula on a sponge? Define a collar cell on a sponge; Define and Draw the 3 Body Symmetry (Figure 4.5)
- Notebook Check: October 21: Modules 3 and 4
Have a good week! -Mrs. S
“A psalm of David. The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;” -Psalm 24:1