With our eyes on the sky we held our first wet lab at South Lido Park on Tuesday. Fortunately, the rains held off and we had a beautiful day. As we walked down the beach we observed the “wrack line” which is the accumulation of sea grasses, etc that line the shoreline.
Record in your lab book the different vegetation that we saw.
The Florida State Tree is the Sabal Palm
Record and draw what we captured into your lab book. Also record the water temperature (78 degrees) and salinity readings (33 parts).
Homework: (posted on Sept 23)
- Finish Module 3 OYO and Study guide questions;
- Complete Labs 3.B: Sea Grass and 3.C: Mangroves in lab book;
- Complete Wet Lab for South Lido Park
- Take Module 3 Test (Have parent grade it);
- Begin reading Module 4 (pages 77-87);
- Class challenge: who can tell the best joke!
Please note that there will be no quiz this week.
Thank you to all of the parents who went with us and helped transport students. It was great to have you with us! Have a great week. – Mrs. S